This class is an Introduction to Content Management Websites. It will allow you to update and maintain your website. SPACE IS LIMITED*. REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED WHEN A CLASS FILLS. ONCE PURCHASED THE CLASS IS NOT REFUNDABLE HOWEVER CAN BE RESCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER DATE. WE USE THE RESERVED STUDENT COUNT FOR RESERVING THE SPACE.
Intro To Content Management Syllabus
- Overview of Content Management System Environment
- Overview of Content Features to add to your site
- Adding Text and Images to your website
- Adding new pages to your website
- Managing your Menu's
- Using Cut, Copy, Paste, Shortcuts on your site
- Using the Clipboard & Trash Features
- Re-sizing Photographs using Picasa (free program) for your website
- Adding Photographs to an image gallery on your website
- Adding Photographs or Artwork to your web pages
- Users & Groups Overview
- Adding Secure Areas to your website for clients or individuals to login
- Overview of Versioning, and how to go back when your website is in trouble
- Overview of Internet Marketing with Google, Yahoo & MSN
Both classes start at 1pm and conclude at 5pm. Attendees should bring their own laptops, and have either wireless or a data cable with them so that they can readily access the internet. Attendees will be working on their own website in the Sandbox area. Handouts will be provided to go home with.
Classes will be held at our Zurich Towers, Schaumburg Office:Elite Designs
1450 American Lane, Suite 1400
Each attendee must login at the front desk and acquire a visitors pass. If you need assistance you can call Carol, our receptionist, at 847-330-6390.
*minimum of 4 participants